Interested in running an event during London Hat Week 2018?
The fourth London Hat Week will take place from 22-28 March 2018 and will again consist of a collection of hat related events run by individuals and organisations across London and curated by Atelier Millinery and HATalk e-magazine.
Hundreds of hat lovers from around the world are already making plans to travel to London for this special week, eager to learn new skills, stock up on speciality supplies, connect with like-minded headwear enthusiasts, showcase their designs and explore London wearing a hat.
If you are interested in organising or hosting your own event during London Hat Week 2018, we’d love to hear from you.
London Hat Week events can take place at any time and in any venue in the greater London area between 22-28 March 2017. The type of event is up to you. Workshops, classes, lectures, sample sales, presentations, tours, social events and fashion shows have all worked really well in the past but we are open to new and creative offerings as well. Top of our agenda this time is encouraging more people to wear hats so we are keen to involve wearers as well as makers. Events can be ticketed or run at no charge to visitors.
To apply to organise a London Hat Week 2018 event, please submit an online application form by July 15, 2017. We want to give our attendees plenty of time to plan their itineraries, so we will not be able to accept late applications this year.
For successful event organisers, there will be a one-off £150 event listing fee to help us to cover administration costs. This fee is per event organiser, not per event, so if you apply to run multiple events you will only have pay one fee. Approved events will be promoted to our mailing list and through our social media channels in the months leading up to London Hat Week.
Things to know before applying…
- Submitting an application does not guarantee that an event will be included in the London Hat Week Schedule. All applications will be reviewed by the London Hat Week team and each applicant will be notified of a decision by 28 July 2017.
- There is no charge for applying to run an event – only successful applicants will be asked to pay the £150 listing fee.
- Before applying to run an event during London Hat Week, please make sure that it has been fully costed, including public liability insurance, and that you have a potential venue lined up.
- The single listing fee allows an organiser to run as many approved London Hat Week events as they would like but does not include participation in the Supplier Fair.
- Event organisers will be responsible for taking their own bookings and will be fully liable for all aspects of their their own events.
- Event organisers must publish clear policies for changes/cancellations to bookings and ensure that these have been included on confirmations to clients.
- Event organisers must keep London Hat Week informed of any changes to arrangements eg times/dates/venues, to ensure all website content is accurate at all times.
- Successful applicants will be notified by 28 July and sent a link to pay the £150 event listing fee. The fee must be paid and all final event details and images provided by 7 August 2017 to ensure inclusion in the Official LHW Schedule.
- Successful events will be promoted to the London Hat Week mailing list and through our social media channels in the months leading up to London Hat Week. Event organisers will also be asked to publicise their own events using their usual marketing channels and the #LHW hashtag.
The closing date for London Hat Week 2018 event applications is midnight (GMT) on July 15, 2017.
If you would prefer to partner with London Hat Week in another way – such as running a retail promotion, having a stall at our Supplier Fair, coming on board as an Official Sponsor or becoming a Friend of London Hat Week – please contact us today.